Monday, June 9, 2008

New location

My husband and I moved to San Marcos at the end of May, hence the altering of my blog's title. The focus of the blog will shift toward things to do in San Marcos, but I'll still write about places in Austin, since it's only 30 minutes away, and I'll be visiting regularly.
I've only been in San Marcos a little over a week, and I am already in love. I cried when we left Austin because I couldn't help but think of all the things I would miss, and I thought life in San Marcos just wouldn't be as good. Actually, the reverse has happened. There are so many pluses about San Marcos that I don't miss living in Austin. For one, there is far less traffic. Everything I need is really close, and if I want to go somewhere in town, it doesn't take me forever to get there. I found a fabulous health foods store called The Cornucopia. It reminds me of a miniature Wheatsville Co-op. I expected to have to stock up on items like nutritional yeast flakes if I shopped at Whole Foods, but I can get pretty much everything I need from The Cornucopia.
San Marcos has a certain charm that appeals to me. Parts of it remind me of Austin in the early 90s. I don't know that I can describe it. It's a smaller city, but it is a college town, so there's a lot to do, and there's a good mix of people.
I haven't done too much exploring, other than scoping out the public library, Wal-Mart, The Cornucopia, and HEB, but I intend to do so in the near future.

No comments: